Title: Senior Accountant
Date of publication: Friday, 13th January, 2017
Deadline of Publication: Friday 27th January, 2017
CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR A SENIOR ACCOUNTANT IN A REPUTABLE COMPANY.
We are a fast growing ISO 9001 company located at the Free Zones enclave engaged in the manufacture of Plastic goods. To help support our aggressive drive to capture the command heights of the market we urgently require the services of an experienced Accountant with at least 5years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
The ideal applicant will lead and manage the accounting and reporting function, ensure robust and reliable controls across the business. He/she will need to prepare monthly, quarterly, Management Reports with respect to Budgetary Controls and set time lines. The role also will encompass preparation of Annual Budgets, Import & Export documentation, Banking, compliance with Tax and other statutory matters and managing the liaison with external auditors and Government departments.
- To overview the Invoicing process of the company with respect to the prevailing rates and credit limits and timely realisation of Debtors.
- Booking of Import Purchases and local purchases and timely payment of the creditors.
- Opening of IDF Forms, LCs for the importations. Dealing with the clearing agents for efficient, timely and economical clearing of imports. Timely updating of the respective control sheets with respect to imports, clearing, shipping expenses etc.
- Monitoring of LCs with respect to maturity dates, planning for the timely and cost effective liquidation of the same.
- Ensure preparation of timely and accurate monthly accounts and MIS reports for operational management.
- Responsible for all journals and final GL balances including review of month end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts
- Preparation of statutory annual accounts for the company as and when required in accordance with the relevant accounting principles and the legislation of the local statutory authority.
- Preparation of annual budget and Monitor and analyse monthly operating results against budget.
- Manage the Banking operations and liaison with banks with respect to banking operations of the company.
- Manage the preparation of the annual accounts with relevant schedules and details for getting the annual accounts audited and presented on a time bound manner.
- To supervise the other Accounting/ Stores staff for their effective discharge of duties with respect to Company requirements and that of internal controls.
- Active management of overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies and savings.
- Manage relationships with auditors, tax advisers, brokers, bankers and other' parties as directed by the management.
PART qualified or qualified chartered accountant (ICA GHANA). An MBA in addition will be an advantage
INTERESTED? SEND YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CV AND APPLICATION LETTER TO THE E-MAIL